Previous versions of Thema are still available 1.3 1.2.
Browse the Thema subject categories hierarchy, or search for a specific term within the hierarchy.
|W||Lifestyle, Hobbies and Leisure
Use all W* codes for: popular accounts for general adult readership. DO NOT USE: code ‘W’ itself, but select specific categories from section W*. Use all W* codes with: other subject categories and qualifiers where appropriate.
Prefer: codes from A*, K*, P*, R*, T*, etc, for specialist, technical and academic works
|WD||Hobbies, quizzes and games|
See also: WF* Handicrafts, decorative arts and crafts and its subcategories
|WDHB||Model-making and construction
Class here: miniature figurines, military models, toy soldiers, gaming figurines, scale modelling
Class here: model aircraft, model cars, model boats, drones etc
|WDHW||Role-playing, war games and fantasy sports
Class here: wargaming, miniature games, Dungeons and Dragons style role playing games.
See also: FYW Fiction: special features: game-related
- An ellipsis indicates a category has more detailed subcategories
- Click on a category description to reveal these ‘descendant’ subcategories
- Indentation indicates the ancestors and descendants of a category
- Click on the ✽ or ? to see or hide the usage notes
- Search for categories (for example ‘celebrity’) using the search field at the top
- Searches are not case-sensitive, and search both the category headings and any notes
- You don’t need to use complete words (eg ‘celeb’)
- You can also search for Thema codes – these searches must be exact (eg ‘MFGV’)
- Click on a search result category to see it ‘in context’ with its ancestor and descendant categories
- A click on ‘Category heading’ or a blank search returns you to the top level of the hierarchy
- Click on the notation to copy the code to the clipboard