Previous versions of Thema are still available 1.3 1.2 1.1 1.0.
Browse the Thema subject categories hierarchy, or search for a specific term within the hierarchy.
|V||Health, Relationships and Personal development
Use all V* codes for: general adult titles. DO NOT USE: code ‘V’ itself, but select specific categories from section V*. Use all V* codes with: other subject categories and qualifiers where appropriate, in particular INTEREST 5* Qualifiers.
Prefer: codes from C*, J*, K*, L*, M*, Q*, R* for specialist works
|VX||Mind, body, spirit
Use all VX* codes for: Mind Body Spirit treatments for general readers only.
Prefer: codes from Sections J*, M*, Q* etc, as appropriate for specialist and academic works
|VXA||Mind, body, spirit: thought and practice|
|VXF||Fortune-telling and divination|
|VXH||Complementary therapies, healing and health
Class here: Naturopathy, naturopathic medicine. Use for: therapies and associated practitioners, including healers, naturopaths. Use all VXH* codes with: MX if content aimed at qualified medical professionals.
See also: MX* Complementary medicine and its subcategories
Class here: dowsing, ley lines, Earth mysteries, sacred landscapes
|VXM||Mind, body, spirit: meditation and visualization|
|VXN||Dreams and their interpretation
See also: JMT Psychology: states of consciousness
|VXP||Psychic powers and psychic phenomena
Class here: ESP, popular accounts of telepathy, telekinesis etc.
See also: JMX Parapsychological studies
|VXQ||Unexplained phenomena / the paranormal|
|VXV||Feng Shui and approaches to living space design and style
Class here: Vastu Shastra
|VXW||Mysticism, magic and occult interests
Use all VXW* codes for: popular works on the occult.
Prefer: QRY* codes for serious and academic works.
See also: QRYX* Occult studies and its subcategories
- An ellipsis indicates a category has more detailed subcategories
- Click on a category description to reveal these ‘descendant’ subcategories
- Indentation indicates the ancestors and descendants of a category
- Click on the ✽ or ? to see or hide the usage notes
- Search for categories (for example ‘celebrity’) using the search field at the top
- Searches are not case-sensitive, and search both the category headings and any notes
- You don’t need to use complete words (eg ‘celeb’)
- You can also search for Thema codes – these searches must be exact (eg ‘MFGV’)
- Click on a search result category to see it ‘in context’ with its ancestor and descendant categories
- A click on ‘Category heading’ or a blank search returns you to the top level of the hierarchy
- Click on the notation to copy the code to the clipboard