Previous versions of Thema are still available 1.3 1.2 1.1 1.0.
Browse the Thema subject categories hierarchy, or search for a specific term within the hierarchy.
|V||Health, Relationships and Personal development
Use all V* codes for: general adult titles. DO NOT USE: code ‘V’ itself, but select specific categories from section V*. Use all V* codes with: other subject categories and qualifiers where appropriate, in particular INTEREST 5* Qualifiers.
Prefer: codes from C*, J*, K*, L*, M*, Q*, R* for specialist works
|VS||Self-help, personal development and practical advice
Use all VS* codes for: popular accounts for general readership.
Prefer: codes from Sections C*, J*, K*, L*, Q*, R* etc, as appropriate, for specialist and academic works
See also: QDX Popular philosophy
Class here: therapy based upon meditation and related approaches
|VSPM||Assertiveness, motivation, self-esteem and positive mental attitude||1.3|
Class here: personality tests, extroverts, introverts, empaths, highly sensitive persons, highly gifted persons etc. Use for: works aimed at a general audience that explore different personality traits and types.
See also: JMS Psychology: the self, ego, identity, personality
|VSPT||Memory improvement and thinking techniques
Class here: IQ tests etc for self-testing, mind-mapping, reasoning techniques
|VSPX||Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)|
- An ellipsis indicates a category has more detailed subcategories
- Click on a category description to reveal these ‘descendant’ subcategories
- Indentation indicates the ancestors and descendants of a category
- Click on the ✽ or ? to see or hide the usage notes
- Search for categories (for example ‘celebrity’) using the search field at the top
- Searches are not case-sensitive, and search both the category headings and any notes
- You don’t need to use complete words (eg ‘celeb’)
- You can also search for Thema codes – these searches must be exact (eg ‘MFGV’)
- Click on a search result category to see it ‘in context’ with its ancestor and descendant categories
- A click on ‘Category heading’ or a blank search returns you to the top level of the hierarchy
- Click on the notation to copy the code to the clipboard