Previous versions of Thema are still available 1.3 1.2.
Browse the Thema subject categories hierarchy, or search for a specific term within the hierarchy.
|T||Technology, Engineering, Agriculture, Industrial processes
Class here: associated skills, trades and professions. Use all T* codes for: academic, technical, specialist and general adult titles. DO NOT USE: code ‘T’ itself, but select specific categories from section T*. Use all T* codes with: other subject categories and qualifiers where appropriate, in particular EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE 4* qualifiers for vocational, professional or apprenticeship style education titles
|TV||Agriculture and farming
See also: KCVD Agricultural economics, KNA Agribusiness and primary industries
|TVD||Agricultural engineering and machinery
See also: WGCT Tractors and farm vehicles: general interest
Class here: animal care, livestock farming and management.
See also: WNF Farm and working animals: general interest
|TVK||Agronomy and crop production|
Class here: agricultural use of pesticides and herbicides
|TVQ||Tropical agriculture: practice and techniques|
|TVR||Forestry and silviculture: practice and techniques
Class here: Arboriculture, tree-planting, tree surgery. Use for: practical or vocational titles about the creating, managing, using, conserving, and repairing forest and related resources.
See also: KNAL Forestry industry, TDPJ Timber and wood processing
Class here: market gardening; flower production.
See also: WM* Gardening and its subcategories
|TVT||Aquaculture and fish-farming: practice and techniques|
|TVU||Urban farming / urban agriculture
Use with: TVH (Animal husbandry) or other TV* codes as appropriate
- An ellipsis indicates a category has more detailed subcategories
- Click on a category description to reveal these ‘descendant’ subcategories
- Indentation indicates the ancestors and descendants of a category
- Click on the ✽ or ? to see or hide the usage notes
- Search for categories (for example ‘celebrity’) using the search field at the top
- Searches are not case-sensitive, and search both the category headings and any notes
- You don’t need to use complete words (eg ‘celeb’)
- You can also search for Thema codes – these searches must be exact (eg ‘MFGV’)
- Click on a search result category to see it ‘in context’ with its ancestor and descendant categories
- A click on ‘Category heading’ or a blank search returns you to the top level of the hierarchy
- Click on the notation to copy the code to the clipboard