Previous versions of Thema are still available 1.3 1.2.
Browse the Thema subject categories hierarchy, or search for a specific term within the hierarchy.
|T||Technology, Engineering, Agriculture, Industrial processes
Class here: associated skills, trades and professions. Use all T* codes for: academic, technical, specialist and general adult titles. DO NOT USE: code ‘T’ itself, but select specific categories from section T*. Use all T* codes with: other subject categories and qualifiers where appropriate, in particular EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE 4* qualifiers for vocational, professional or apprenticeship style education titles
|TD||Industrial chemistry and manufacturing technologies|
|TDC||Industrial chemistry and chemical engineering
Class here: technology of detergents, rubber; biocides etc
|TDCT||Food and beverage technology
Class here: food sciences, technology linked to brewing and distilling.
See also: KNSB Food and drink service industries, PND Food chemistry, TTVC Hotel, hospitality and catering trades, WBXD Food and drink: alcoholic beverages, WBXD1 Wines
|TDCT2||Food and beverage processing and engineering
Class here: food processing by ingredient
- An ellipsis indicates a category has more detailed subcategories
- Click on a category description to reveal these ‘descendant’ subcategories
- Indentation indicates the ancestors and descendants of a category
- Click on the ✽ or ? to see or hide the usage notes
- Search for categories (for example ‘celebrity’) using the search field at the top
- Searches are not case-sensitive, and search both the category headings and any notes
- You don’t need to use complete words (eg ‘celeb’)
- You can also search for Thema codes – these searches must be exact (eg ‘MFGV’)
- Click on a search result category to see it ‘in context’ with its ancestor and descendant categories
- A click on ‘Category heading’ or a blank search returns you to the top level of the hierarchy
- Click on the notation to copy the code to the clipboard