Previous versions of Thema are still available 1.3 1.2.
Browse the Thema subject categories hierarchy, or search for a specific term within the hierarchy.
|Q||Philosophy and Religion
Use all Q* codes for: academic, specialist and general adult titles. DO NOT USE: code ‘Q’ itself, but select specific categories from section Q*. QRA* and QRV* codes should be used with other QR* codes to denote which particular religion.
See also: VX* Mind, body, spirit and its subcategories
|QR||Religion and beliefs|
|QRMF||Christianity: sacred texts and revered writings
Use for: canonical and non-canonical writings. Use all QRMF* codes with: QRVC for critiques, exegesis or examinations of texts.
Prefer: the relevant QRMF code for versions of the texts themselves
Class here: Any version of the Bible itself. Use with: QRVC for critiques or examination of the Bible, Biblical Studies, Biblical Concordances and Commentaries
Class here: The Psalms, Septuagint, Pentateuch. Use with: QRVC for critiques or examination of books of the Old Testament
Class here: Gospels, Epistles. Use with: QRVC for critiques or examination of some or all of the books the New Testament
|QRMF14||Biblical Apocrypha and Intertestamental
class here: Biblical Pseudepigrapha
|QRMF19||Bible readings, selections and meditations|
- An ellipsis indicates a category has more detailed subcategories
- Click on a category description to reveal these ‘descendant’ subcategories
- Indentation indicates the ancestors and descendants of a category
- Click on the ✽ or ? to see or hide the usage notes
- Search for categories (for example ‘celebrity’) using the search field at the top
- Searches are not case-sensitive, and search both the category headings and any notes
- You don’t need to use complete words (eg ‘celeb’)
- You can also search for Thema codes – these searches must be exact (eg ‘MFGV’)
- Click on a search result category to see it ‘in context’ with its ancestor and descendant categories
- A click on ‘Category heading’ or a blank search returns you to the top level of the hierarchy
- Click on the notation to copy the code to the clipboard