Previous versions of Thema are still available 1.3 1.2 1.1 1.0.
Browse the Thema subject categories hierarchy, or search for a specific term within the hierarchy.
|K||Economics, Finance, Business and Management
Use all K* codes for: specialist (professional and academic) and general adult titles, but see also VS* codes for practical approaches to many topics. Use all K* codes with: other subject categories and qualifiers where appropriate
|KN||Industry and industrial studies
Use all KN* codes for: studies of whole sectors or works that look at aspects of these topics from a business or industrial studies perspective
|KNA||Agribusiness and primary industries
Use for: general works on these sectors or industries that do not have their own separate codes.
See also: KCVD Agricultural economics
|KNAC||Agriculture, agribusiness and food production industries
Use for: titles about the agriculture and food production sector from a business or industrial studies perspective.
See also: TV* Agriculture and farming and its subcategories
|KNAF||Fisheries and related industries
Class here: whaling industry. Use for: titles about fishing sector from a business or industrial studies perspective.
See also: TVT Aquaculture and fish-farming: practice and techniques
Use for: titles about the business or industry of creating, managing, using, conserving, and repairing forest and related resources.
See also: TDPJ Timber and wood processing, TVR Forestry and silviculture: practice and techniques
Class here: mining, drilling, dredging and quarrying. Use for: works that look at these sectors from a business or industrial studies perspective.
See also: RBGL Economic geology, TTU Mining technology and engineering
- An ellipsis indicates a category has more detailed subcategories
- Click on a category description to reveal these ‘descendant’ subcategories
- Indentation indicates the ancestors and descendants of a category
- Click on the ✽ or ? to see or hide the usage notes
- Search for categories (for example ‘celebrity’) using the search field at the top
- Searches are not case-sensitive, and search both the category headings and any notes
- You don’t need to use complete words (eg ‘celeb’)
- You can also search for Thema codes – these searches must be exact (eg ‘MFGV’)
- Click on a search result category to see it ‘in context’ with its ancestor and descendant categories
- A click on ‘Category heading’ or a blank search returns you to the top level of the hierarchy
- Click on the notation to copy the code to the clipboard