Previous versions of Thema are still available 1.3 1.2 1.1 1.0.
Browse the Thema subject categories hierarchy, or search for a specific term within the hierarchy.
Use LANGUAGE 2* Qualifier codes WITH appropriate subject codes for: indicating the language(s) to which the book content applies – that is, the language the book is ABOUT, not the language the book is IN (the latter is described in other metadata) – such as a linguistics or literary studies work, a method for learning a language, a phrasebook or a dictionary. National extensions (i.e. 2*-xx- format codes, where ‘xx’ indicates a country code) can be assigned by any user, and are not exclusive to users in the indicated country. DO NOT USE: code “2” itself, but select appropriate specific qualifiers from section 2*
|2G||East and Southeast Asian languages|
- An ellipsis indicates a category has more detailed subcategories
- Click on a category description to reveal these ‘descendant’ subcategories
- Indentation indicates the ancestors and descendants of a category
- Click on the ✽ or ? to see or hide the usage notes
- Search for categories (for example ‘celebrity’) using the search field at the top
- Searches are not case-sensitive, and search both the category headings and any notes
- You don’t need to use complete words (eg ‘celeb’)
- You can also search for Thema codes – these searches must be exact (eg ‘MFGV’)
- Click on a search result category to see it ‘in context’ with its ancestor and descendant categories
- A click on ‘Category heading’ or a blank search returns you to the top level of the hierarchy
- Click on the notation to copy the code to the clipboard