Previous versions of the ONIX codelists are still available: Issue 36.
Browse the ONIX codelists, or search for a specific term within the vocabularies.
Used with <PublishingStatus> <b394>
The product is no longer available from the current publisher, under the current ISBN, at the current price. It may be available to be traded through another channel. A Publishing Status code 10 ‘Remaindered’ usually but not always means that the publisher has decided to sell off excess inventory of the book. Copies of books that are remaindered are often made available in the supply chain at a reduced price. However, such remainders are often sold under a product identifier that differs from the ISBN on the full-priced copy of the book. A Publishing Status code 10 ‘Remaindered’ on a given product record may or may not be followed by a Publishing Status code 06 ‘Out of Stock Indefinitely’ or 07 ‘Out of Print’: the practise varies from one publisher to another. Some publishers may revert to a Publishing Status code 04 ‘Active’ if a desired inventory level on the product in question has subsequently been reached. No change in rights should ever be inferred from this (or any other) Publishing Status code value
- An ellipsis indicates a codelist or code has more detailed sub-codes
- Click on a code description to reveal these ‘descendant’ codes
- Indentation indicates the ancestors and descendants of a code
- Click on the ✽ or ? to see or hide the usage notes
- Red bars indicate deprecated codes
- Search for text in code descriptions (for example ‘paperback’) using the search field at the top
- Searches are not case-sensitive, and search both the code headings and any notes
- You don’t need to use complete words (eg ‘paperb’)
- You can also search for ONIX XML data elements (eg ‘<ProductIDType>’) or by codelist number
- Click on a search result to see it ‘in context’ with its parent or child codes
- A click on ‘Heading’ or a blank search returns you to the top level of the hierarchy
- Click on the code or codelist number to copy the code to the clipboard