Previous versions of the ONIX codelists are still available: Issue 36.
Browse the ONIX codelists, or search for a specific term within the vocabularies.
Used with <EditionType> <x419>
In the US, a book that was previously bound, normally as a paperback, and has been rebound with a library-quality hardcover binding by a supplier other than the original publisher. See also the <Publisher> and <RelatedProduct> composites for other aspects of the treatment of prebound editions in ONIX
- An ellipsis indicates a codelist or code has more detailed sub-codes
- Click on a code description to reveal these ‘descendant’ codes
- Indentation indicates the ancestors and descendants of a code
- Click on the ✽ or ? to see or hide the usage notes
- Red bars indicate deprecated codes
- Search for text in code descriptions (for example ‘paperback’) using the search field at the top
- Searches are not case-sensitive, and search both the code headings and any notes
- You don’t need to use complete words (eg ‘paperb’)
- You can also search for ONIX XML data elements (eg ‘<ProductIDType>’) or by codelist number
- Click on a search result to see it ‘in context’ with its parent or child codes
- A click on ‘Heading’ or a blank search returns you to the top level of the hierarchy
- Click on the code or codelist number to copy the code to the clipboard