Previous versions of the ONIX codelists are still available: Issue 36.
Browse the ONIX codelists, or search for a specific term within the vocabularies.
Used with <EpubUsageType> <x318>
Preview before purchase. Allows a retail customer, account holder or patron to view a proportion of the book before purchase. Also applies to borrowers making use of ‘acquisition on demand’ models in libraries, and to ‘subscription’ models where the purchase is made on behalf of the reader
- An ellipsis indicates a codelist or code has more detailed sub-codes
- Click on a code description to reveal these ‘descendant’ codes
- Indentation indicates the ancestors and descendants of a code
- Click on the ✽ or ? to see or hide the usage notes
- Red bars indicate deprecated codes
- Search for text in code descriptions (for example ‘paperback’) using the search field at the top
- Searches are not case-sensitive, and search both the code headings and any notes
- You don’t need to use complete words (eg ‘paperb’)
- You can also search for ONIX XML data elements (eg ‘<ProductIDType>’) or by codelist number
- Click on a search result to see it ‘in context’ with its ancestor and descendant codes
- A click on ‘Heading’ or a blank search returns you to the top level of the hierarchy
- Click on the code or codelist number to copy the code to the clipboard