Previous versions of the ONIX codelists are still available: Issue 36.
Browse the ONIX codelists, or search for a specific term within the vocabularies.
Used with <TradeCategory> <b384>
Category of books, usually hardcover and of a large format (A4 or larger) and printed on high-quality paper, where the primary features are illustrations, and these are more important than text. Sometimes called ‘coffee-table books’ or ‘art books’ in English. For use in ONIX 3.0 only
- An ellipsis indicates a codelist or code has more detailed sub-codes
- Click on a code description to reveal these ‘descendant’ codes
- Indentation indicates the ancestors and descendants of a code
- Click on the ✽ or ? to see or hide the usage notes
- Red bars indicate deprecated codes
- Search for text in code descriptions (for example ‘paperback’) using the search field at the top
- Searches are not case-sensitive, and search both the code headings and any notes
- You don’t need to use complete words (eg ‘paperb’)
- You can also search for ONIX XML data elements (eg ‘<ProductIDType>’) or by codelist number
- Click on a search result to see it ‘in context’ with its ancestor and descendant codes
- A click on ‘Heading’ or a blank search returns you to the top level of the hierarchy
- Click on the code or codelist number to copy the code to the clipboard